I got this recipe from here, however I've fleshed it out a bit and added a bit of advice.
This stuff is absolutely incredible with eggs. It goes with a bunch of other stuff too, but once you've had an omlette with chilli jam on the side you'll be a different person.
1 kg tomatoes, blanched skinned and chopped 500 g sugar 3 tablespoons lemon juice 1/3 cup white wine vinegar 6-10 red chilies 2 teaspoons salt 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- To peel tomatoes, put in large bowl and cover with boiling water for 10 minutes.This helps the skin to peel much more easily. Roughly chop the tomatoes and mix with the sugar. Keep them kind of chunky to give the jam a great texture. This must stand for several hours or overnight.
- Pop a small plate or saucer in the freezer. You'll need it later.
- You may be worried about leaving the seeds in the chillis, but it's not that hot once it's done. The sugar really steals a lot of the heat.
- When the tomatos are settled, add all ingredients to a large saucepan and simmer until thick. This can vary from 40 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on juice in tomatoes etc. A good jam making trick is to grab your plate out of the freezer and dribble a little of the juice onto it. If it immediately turns to a jelly-like consistency, you're done. Be careful not to burn the jam, but you're better off being a little overdone that being under and having un-set, runny jam.
- Sterilise some jars with boiling water and pour in the jam while they're still warm. Should keep for at least 6 months.